Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Microwave oven blows main fuse

On 04 Sep 2006 11:05:26 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

:Probably. With the oven plugged in, open and close the door a bunch of
:times. There will usually be an interlock switch that actually is wired
:across the line and blows the fuse if the interlocks don't take place in
:the correct sequence. If the fuse survives opening and closing the door,
:the interlocks are probably OK, at lesat with respect to fuse blowing.

I opened and closed the door several times, restarting the oven between
each. No blown fuse so far. I suppose it might be OK. Thanks.