Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip kip is offline

Default How to get at "menu" on Sharp TV set without its remote?

Oh Boy !!
"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a Sharp color TV model 13K m100 but no remote. "universal remotes"
won't get me into the menu. As I want to reprogram the channels I get going
up and down and to change it from cable to off air. Are there any internal
jumpers I can jump to access the menu? Or is there a way to fake the
proper remote say by using the RS232 port on my PC to drive an IR LED and a
program that causes it to produce the correct on/off sequence of pulses to
make the TV think it's seeing the proper remote (looked all over the web
but didn't find this)? Sure I can buy the proper remote on ebay, but for
$60?...