Posted to alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default Suspiciously high and random solar water/pv claims at an Enviro Home showhouse.

The message .com
from contains these words:

but it is disappointing to see the junk exhibits.

If you happen to go to Craven Arms, skip the Secret Hills centre and go
instead to see a /real/ junk exhibit.

The Land of Lost Content is a tiny (on the outside) place in a side
street. An old chapel by the looks of it, it's bulging at the seams with
all the things that don't make it into museums. Things you remember
having as a kid - the trivia and ephemera of bygone days.

Things like cheap plastic toys, cosmetics (sniffing the display reminded
me of being about three and the smell of Mum's dressing table), old
fireworks (deactivated, but wow they were so tiny - an entire selection
box smaller than a single modern bang), Bakelite, old tools, car
things[1], Kilner jars of goosberries unopened since the late 40s,
pressure cookers that look like Mills bombs, clothings, lamp shades of
the sort you thought (hoped?) you'd never see again, 1960s Daleks, BOAC
approved hand luggage suitcases...

Quite the most baffling and remarkable and absorbing place I've been to
in ages. I'd love to go back without the kids some time just to see it
all rather more slowly. Not that you ever could see it all - it's just
not that sort of place.

http://www.lolc.org.uk/ (truly dire site - truly amazing museum)

[1] Including a thing for extracting your caravan from muddy sites - a
set of skis for the wheels.

--
Skipweasel