Posted to alt.home.repair
John Lynch John Lynch is offline

Default Portable drill

"John Lynch" wrote in message
After years of thinking I can get along without one, I've decided to buy a
portable drill. What should I look for? Volts, Amps or what? Sears has
one going on sale for $70. The ad says it has 14.4 volts. It doesn't
mention amp. I want one that I'll be satisfied with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

John

I'm really sorry about all the repeat post! I didn't think it was working,
so I kept trying until I finally gave up. Now I'm very surprised to see
that it was working after all. I'm an old guy and not very computer savy.
I bought a rental house for something to keep me busy in retirement and I've
had situations where a portable would have been real handy. Like when the
renters aren't home, and I want to drill or screw outside. Another time was
when I built a deer blind a quarter mile from the house.

So I probably don't need a heavy duty one. I checked out the Bosch site
that bamboo recommended and I was very tempted to buy one, because I like a
bargain, but the one from Sears might be more sensible, considering my
needs.

Thanks to all of you! You all had good points that gave me something to
think about.

John