Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Gavin Kurt Gavin is offline

Default Cement grinding question

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...

Italian Mason wrote:
I believe neither of these to be your answer because you are still
going to have movement either up fruther or back down sooner or later.
I dont know what you solution is because I would need to see where it
is touching and its surroundings but I do know this. Taking 1/2" off of
a concrete surface is not done with any machine available for
homeowners to rent.

That concrete saw can be rented, in the U.S. It will take some
patience, but it will do the job.

Taking this amount off is a monumental task

No, I'm talking about lowering the EDGE of the patio slab that is beneath
the stucco, not the whole patio.

To call it monumental is an over statement. We are talking about a
patio here, not a driveway.

believe
it or not, even with the best Terazzo grinder you would spend enough in
pads to pour a whole new slab.

I believe that part. Can you provide a link to such a grinder? What
type of pad will compare to a diamond blade??