Posted to alt.home.repair

Default glass block install cost

"L" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey y'all. I'm thinking about getting glass block windows for my
basement. I'm looking for security and waterproofing. The contractor
will remove the existing windows and frames and install new glass block
windows. I got a cost of $3200.00 for four windows. Iasked how much for
windows and how much for install. They said the install is about
$2600.00 of the total. Thats for two guys and one day. The cost seemed
a bit high to me so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any
advice.

16 man hours for $2600? That sounds very high to me. Half that would seem
about right.

You can also buy glass block sections that just have to be cemented in
place. May be much cheaper to DIY.