Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Portable drill

"Rich256" wrote in message
Art Todesco wrote:
I still like my 14.4 volt Bosch. The great part is the 1 hand chuck. It
is
powerful enough for most, even heavy duty, jogs and pretty light weight.
When I lost it 2 years ago, I went right out an bought the current model.
I only wish it had a level bubble.

Of course you do. Just depends on how much he wants to pay and how much
he will use it. (When it comes to cars I recommend Jaguar instead of a
Chevrolet Aveo - if you can afford it).

Truth is, there is no ONE drill that does everything. Ergo, a person NEEDS
a battery operated drill, a 3/8" electric drill, a 1/2" electric drill, a
1/2" hammer drill, an SDS rotohammer drill, etc.

The OP requested info on a general bracket of drill. I would suggest to him
a DeWalt 12v., around $125.

From there, it all depends on what you are going to use it for. I have
multiple drills, some of which only come out of hiding once or twice a year,
but when they do, they do their work quickly and easily, then go back into
their hiding places.

I like to take my Ferrari Enzo on long drives. But, the old '69 VW Beetle
is just fine for a 7-11 run for beer and cigarettes. They both have their
areas of expertise. One size don't fit all, and each is better than the
other in special regards.

So it is with tools.

Particularly drills.

Steve