Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default !!NEED HELP Projection T.V. Crackling..??

Mike M. wrote:

hi, my t.v. set had a problem with convergence to begin with. basically i
figured out the blue color tube or whatever needs replaced which costs an
arm and a leg...

I'm wondering how that might be the cause.

so i used it mostly on my comp; however earlier when i was
watching t.v., the screen suddenly started having like small black lines go
everywhere and there was a crazy crackling noise... like electricity =(
and so i turned it off fast and turned it backl on and it did it again soon
as i hit it on, so then i looked at the cord i thoughtmaybe some mouse bit
it or something haha... nothing =( so is it broke now for good?? thanks
for help

insulation breakdown. Yes, unless you repair it again. The good thing
about arcing is you need nothing more than a tube of glue to fix it.
The downside is you have to be very thorough in removing all damaged
material.

NT