Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default Hello Woodworkers jigsaw versa: band saw:

Ron,

How 'radical' is the curve? Most stringers tend to be straight, with their
ends 'mitered to match the curve of the sheer at contact.

Either way, the bow area is typically a 'sweeping curve' as opposed to a
'spear point'. Without seeing your particular boat, my first suggestion
would be to make the stringers 'overlength' and STRAIGHT. Then 'kerf' the
forward part {where the curvature is}so that the stringer can be 'fitted'
and cut to length 'in situ'.

Afterwards, fill the kerfs with thickened glue or epoxy - if it will add to
your confidence in the technique.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"sal" wrote in message
I have some curved forward deck stringers to cut about 5'6" L 3"W 3/4" T
plywood can I use an jigsaw or would it be too hard on it? I really can't
afford an band saw at present and can see no other way of doing the job.
Please advise.

Respectfully

Ron