Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default Dying Motor on Sears Table Saw?

breakers get weaker as they are tripped. it's possible the breaker is
weak, or that the saw motor has accumulated alot of dust/grime in the
housing that is causing lots of friction and drawing more power to
rotate.

check if the blade spins freely when not running to see if the motor is
clogged. if the blade can wobble or shift on the shat then the bearings
are shot.

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

Michael wrote:
I've had this table saw for at least 20 years. Lately, it's
been tripping the breaker with greater frequency. I'm
wondering if the motor is wearing out, or if I should
check something else.

Thanks,

Mike