Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Off topic: coffee cup

Lew Hodgett wrote:

[snip]

At the conclusion of the meal, advised the waitress that either she
could add the cost of the cups to the bill or not, but I was leaving
with two (2) cups.

My father collected beer glasses that way. Branded beer glasses are
readily available now, but were much harder to get in Europe in
1950/60.
Some are spectacular. Holland America Line crystal from the 1950's is
serious stuff.
Several Münchener Hoffbrau Haus 1/2 litre glasses are amongst my
favourites... but wait.. we're talking mugs here...my bad.

The Lee Valley doublewall stainless steins are great!

When jBot renders all other tools useless, Lee Valley will still have a
raison d'être. G