Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default degreasing with vodka?

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:39:58 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

"Rob Hamadi" typed

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
Medical alcohol wipes are not available to the public, even at our local
large chemist. Also I need to know that they do not contain oils.

I have bought boxes of the over the counter in the past. They worked out
at 2½p each or so.

Ask for 'Mediwipes' or sterets.

Does anyone know vodka will work as a degreaser?

I'd be concerned that normal vodka may be too dilute, but I guess it
depends on how degreased you want to be.

You could try spectacle cleaning spray from any optician, or spectacle
cleaning wipes.

Boots "Moist Lens Wipes" contain propan-2-ol.

Moist Cleaning Tissues made by "Selles Medical Ltd" of Hull, as
included in first-aid kits, just claim to be Alcohol Free (mmmm - free
alcohol!).

I think I'd rather just drink the alcohol and forget about the
grease...

--
Frank Erskine