Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mono signal from stereo loudspeakers

In article ,
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
No - the usual way in a car radio is via bridged output amps if more
than approx 6 watts. Some earlier designs improved on this with an
output transformer.

Not sure about this one, but I believe it is the same or similar as
fitted to BMW cars. E36 has some meaning apparently. The manufacturer is
Becker.

The E36 is a 3 Series made from approx 90-99. If the radio is an all in
one unit - most likely for a motor bike - it will likely have four speaker
outputs each of 18 watts, That's been pretty well the standard for some
time. Higher power ones usually have external amps, but I don't think this
was factory fit on an E36.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.