Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default doorbell options with wireless

moll wrote:
Hello out there,
We are rehabbing a victorian townhouse and want to put in something
more attractive than the standard wireless doorbell button. We want to
avoid an expensive "real" wiring job. Is this possible?
thanks,

It would be easy enough for any semi-competent electron pusher to remove
the guts from a wireless doorbell button and install it into any
suitably elderly doorbell button housing that is large enough. My
wireless buttons have an amazingly small amount of actual working parts
in them. In some cases just drilling /chiseling a suitably-sized hole
behind the antique escutcheon to accommodate the wireless guts would be
the easiest way to go with the wired switch attached in parallel or
replacing the wireless switch.

Some neat old-looking doorbell stuff he
http://www.vandykes.com/search.php?q=doorbell some of it being of the
mechanical ringer variety.