Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] basscadet75@yahoo.com is offline

Default Lowes window installation experience

dpb wrote:
What the web site says is nothing but advertising --

....which is legally binding in the state of New York.

what does the
_contract_ say? You did read the contract, didn't you?

Contract doesn't say anything. Doesn't have to if the web site does in
this state.

OK, you just spent several thousand $$ and you're going to leave a
simple trim replacement that is noticeably out of square alone to screw
up what you just spent all this money to get to look good???? Makes no
sense to me, but hey, it's your house...

I'm not sure you're understanding the definition of "trim" in this
case.

Interior window trim in an old Colonial is wood built into plaster
walls. Replacing it would basically be the same as getting new
construction windows. Easy and cheap enough to do if you're talking
drywall and what passes for new construction window openings these days
(which often includes no trim at all), but when you're talking about
ripping down plaster, ripping out all that wood, re-plastering the
walls and building a new window opening in the same style as the old
using newly-cut and molded wood built to custom sizes, you're talking
thousands *more* dollars.

I just spent $3,700 on new windows and installation. You're talking
about probably a $10,000 job (or more).

Nothing is simple or cheap in an old house.