Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lowes window installation experience

wrote in message

The
measurements the installer takes are good for I think a year, so you
can just order the windows any time without having another measurement
done.

Good for a year? What happes to your house after a year. Does it shrink or
expand? Almost sounds like a sale pressure gimmick.

One nice thing is they
can tell you immediately exactly how long it's going to take.

So August 7th came and went and we heard nothing from Lowes or the
installer.

In theory anyway. Reality proved different.

Anyway, would I recommend Lowes for window installation? If you want
Pella wood, then yeah. I don't know of a cheaper dealer (Pella
themselves wanted literally like double the price) and the install
itself seems solid. (Famous last words - the first rain will be the
real test, I guess.) But if you don't care about Pella or wood, it's
probably not worth it.

Overall, sounds like you are happy with the job. Delivery is minor
inconvenience. Good installation will pay dividends for the next 20, 50,
100 years.