Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Portable drill

The quality there can be pretty low. However, in most cases like the
drill you won't lose much. Good American Name :-) CHICAGO (Didn't know
there was a Chicago China).

The drill is probably made by the same company of one marketed by an
Auto Supply for about the same price. (Checker Auto = Parts America).
They have one with the Coleman name:

http://tinyurl.com/e7n78

And they often have very good prices on refurbished name brands like Makita.

I have one of their Chicago angle grinders that I bought for $19 three
or four years ago. I have worked it hard. One of the handiest tools I
have. Got a nail that is hard to remove. Just grind it off.

Rich:

There is one near me as well. Never bought anything there. I'm sure
you've picked up winners and losers. How about naming a few of each?

I get the feeling HF purchases end up being either you got what you paid
for or plain old lucky.

Al...