Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Dying Motor on Sears Table Saw?

Well, I have many other things running off that outlet.
Occasionally, my 2 hp air compressor will trip it, but
nothing else.

If the compressor is tripping it too you might have a bad breaker. Do you
have another tool that can simulate the same load as the saw but stay just
within the breaker's limits? Breakers are much cheaper than motors.

OTOH, the motor in my old Craftsman started shooting craps at around 20
years. I had to replace the starting capacitor and internal switch and got
another 5-6 years before it died. It never threw breakers unless I just
bogged it down (easy with the 1hp motor).

Eliminate the breaker before you start looking for motors.

RonB