Posted to alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle Christian McArdle is offline

Default Suspiciously high and random solar water/pv claims at an Enviro Home showhouse.

So you'd need 24mē of roofspace for your 3kW,

That sounds perfectly reasonable. I'm surprised you can get so much from a
small area.

middle of a hot sunny day, was making about 450W of non-storable energy,
this is why I am skeptical about the 40%

450W would usually easily cover my electrical usage. Wouldn't help at night,
or for brief peak usage when the washing machine element fires. It would,
however, cover my lighting and electrical goods.

Christian.