Posted to alt.solar.thermal,uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Suspiciously high and random solar water/pv claims at an Enviro Home showhouse.

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:10:20 +0100, Guy King wrote:

I was similarly seething when I left the painfully expensive
Exploratory in Birmingham. At least a third of the exhibits weren't
working, several of those that were were incorrectly labled, ...

I think Exploratory's are great for giving kids a kick start intrest in
science, much better than rows of static exhibits behind glass.

*BUT* they do have to be maintained and have knowledable staff on hand
who can tolerate 50 coach loads of kids intent on destroying the place
everyday. That costs money. Trouble is you can get grants and funding to
set up these wonderful things but nothing to keep 'em running once you
have, 'em bleedin' daft.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail