Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Portable drill

John Lynch wrote:
After years of thinking I can get along without one, I've decided to
buy a portable drill. What should I look for? Volts, Amps or what? Sears
has one going on sale for $70. The ad says it has 14.4 volts. It doesn't
mention amp. I want one that I'll be satisfied with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

John

I would suggest less repeats and maybe some additional information.
What will you be using it for. If you want to build decks, that would be
one thing. Using it to put up the occasional curtain rod, that would be
something else.

I would not suggest buying on any one factor (Volts amps etc.) they
don't tell the whole story.

Assuming typical home use, not professional, I suggest going to the
library and see what Consumer Reports magazine had to say about them the
last time they did some test.

I have one of the DeWalt 14V jobs, I bought when the 14V was just out.
I have been happy with it. But I don't use it every day as some
professionals do. If you need professional use, stand by and one of the
professionals around here will come in and make suggestions for that kind of
use. Consumer Reports does not judge them for that kind of use.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit