Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Fitting Cat Flap in Wall

In message , raden
writes
In message , Frank Erskine
writes
On 7 Sep 2006 15:11:43 -0700, wrote:

Re larger walls with dual catflaps, creating a tunnel, this works fine
with some cats, but a lot will simply refuse to enter a small closed
tunnel.

It also sounds dangerous for the cat, if the flaps jam for some reason
with a puddy-tat in the middle.

I think it would let you know quickly enough

as for the small closed tunnel, you just leave both flaps open for a
few days (as the bishop said ...) until the cat is used to just going
through unimpeded, then let the flaps down

For ours, one of our cats refused to go through the catflap/tunnel, even
with much enticing etc. I

In the end I stuffed it through the tunnel and through the flap - it
wasn't impressed, but it did learn how to use it after that :-)
--
Chris French