Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mono signal from stereo loudspeakers

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
Can someone remind me how to do a simple job please?

I have a motorcycle (K1200LT) with loudspeakers front and rear, with
independant volume controls. These are stereo fed from a Becker readio
cassette unit up front.

I want to provide mono (L+R) feeds into a helmet without stuffing the
amplifiers or affecting the loudspeaker output. So do I use a couple
of capacitors from the two lives or what? It's so long since I played
with this sort of thing.

use a couple of 220ohm 5 watt resistors from the stereo outputs to a
mono headphone output.

If using 220 ohm resistors they needn't be anything like 5 watts - even
assuming an 'HT' rail of 12 volts and a dead short. Standard 0.6w metal
oxide types will be fine.

Yeah...I just grabbed that from my days of shoving headphone sockets on
100W amps and 400W bridged amps..