r.galvin

Default Electrical book recommendations

Hi

I would like to add a new radial circuit to our kitchen for a cooker and I
just want to make sure
the sighting of the control and connection units are in exact accordance
with the updated
regs so I thought I'd invest in a book. My gut reaction is that something
like The " Which?"
Book of Wiring and Lighting would be a little too low level since I at least
know the basics
of electrical work, whereas the 16th Edition Regs themselves, the On-site
Guide and
Inspection, etc would all be a bit OTT. Therefore, I was thinking of buying
The Electrician's
Guide to the 16th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations BS7671.

My question is, is this still very much choc-a-block with tables etc or does
it outline in
plain simple language that the cooker switch should be Xmm & Ymm from the
hob, that
when routing the new radial circuit there should be Zmm separation between
it and
another radial circuit feeding the shower running through the same bit of
box work etc.

Basically my plan is to bring our new house up to spec then get a NICEIC
registered
electrican to come out and perform a PIR.

Thanks

Ross