Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Shelf life of plaster

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:56:36 GMT, Dan_Musicant
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:13:20 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

an_Musicant writes:
:
: The pool supply places say they don't carry it ...
:
:That's odd. It is a necessary ingredient to protect any plaster pool
:surface from soft-water etching. Maybe the pool supply places are in the
:replastering business, too.
:
:Another source is concrete suppliers, where it is used as an accelerant.
:
:I would also ask at an Agway feed store type place.
:
:Or just the 42 oz DampRid refill at Home Depot.
I called HD, but they couldn't find it. Orchard Supply tells me they
have calcium chloride in 26 oz. packages for $3.99. I think I may get a
couple of those. Cheaper and faster than eBay.

rice is pretty hygroscopic.