Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Portable drill

John Lynch, 9/7/2006,4:35:38 PM, wrote:

After years of thinking I can get along without one, I've decided to
buy a portable drill. What should I look for? Volts, Amps or what?
Sears has one going on sale for $70. The ad says it has 14.4 volts.
It doesn't mention amp. I want one that I'll be satisfied with.

Any advice would be appreciated.

John

I have a Ryobi 14.4 drill that came with two batteries, charger and a
flashlight that was ~ $50. I am not a heavy user and it works great
for me. My recommendation is to make sure you get two batteries. You
don't want to wait for the other one two charge while you're building a
deck or something. You may want to make sure it has the new battery
type NiMh or something like that.