Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Crawlspace Maintenance

Hi there.

Excuse me ... "according to my inspector"? Say what?

From what I've seen of home inspectors, I'd have to pass on taking such

advice. Not to mention that it's meaningless as to WHY to leave them
open/closed.

Might have something to do with location of insulation/vapor barriers,
etc., in reality.

Obviously primary determinant would be avoiding rotting the house.
Second would be energy waste. Without mutual exclusion.

crabshell wrote:
My home has crawl space and according to my inspector, I'm to leave the
vents uncovered in the summer and closed off in the winter.

-crabshell