Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Best Bandsaw under $500?

If you live in a more populous area keep an eye out the local newspaper
classifieds in the "Tools" section or even better the estate sales and
auctions. There are very good deals to be had at some privately run estate
sales (not all). Tools are often sold by family members who don't want to
move them around and want to get rid of them. I have seen some where radial
arm saws, table saws and band saws are sold with every accessory imaginable
for a pittance.

RonB

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I'm thinking of buying a bandsaw, mostly for resaw work, but possibly for
cutting tenons and whatnot as well.

What brands/features do you recommend?

The Grizzly G0555 seems nice for the money, but I really don't know much
about bandsaws. And, $500 is still a bit more than I really have to spend.

Are there any less expensive bandsaws that are worth the money?

Thanks,

Anthony