Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Soundproof glass...how is it done?

On 7 Sep 2006 05:25:20 -0700, wrote:

...or the low burbling ones that neighbours...

Neighbours? Oh you mean the people living 1/2 a mile away. Can't hear
them, doubt I'd hear them if they disconected the exhuast on the tractor.
B-)

... leave running at 5am ...

Just hop on and move it a further away. B-)

I have double glazing but much of the sounf transmission comes around
the frames through the gaps.

There shouldn't be any gaps, either in the seals or around the frames.

A friend had secondary glazing in his flat in addition to double
glazing and it was amazing - shut the secondary glazing and you
couldn't hear a thing from outside.

Properly installed double glazing should do that without the abomination
of secondary glazing.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail