Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Hoisting a Keg using Garage Ceiling

wrote:
Geez, everyone sure is making it complicated to lift that 160 lb keg!
It's not like it's a 600 lb engine or something.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Exactly. If there ever was a case of over-engineering, this is it.
160 lb keg does not need a hoist to get it out of the bed. One plank
and either drag or roll if it you are too weak to gently lower 160
pounds. If a hoist is wanted, one pulley on the ceiling and one on the
keg brings it down to 80 pound pull on a rope. I am surprised no-one
except you and I have mentioned the absurdity of setting up for a
CHAINHOIST!!!

Harry K