Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Fitting Cat Flap in Wall

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:00:34 UTC, "Kev" wrote:

I've done this in my kitchen as I didn't want to hack holes in the
kitchen door. This goes through a double skin wall. This lets them out
into the utility area then there is another cat flap in the outer door,
having taken out one pane of glass.
The cat flap in the kitchen is quite a simple one and the more
elaborate one to keep the stray moggies out is the outer cat flap.

I would recommend Pet Mate as a brand, when it comes to cat flaps. They
are brilliant at customer service, sending replacement parts sometimes
FOC, or really very cheaply.

(this doesn't imply that the flaps are badly made, but that we had a
large (18lb) energetic cat who went through a locked flap at high speed
when spooked by a big dog; he also broke the occasional latch, or lost
his magnetic key).