Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Fitting Cat Flap in Wall

Owain wrote:
Will Owen wrote:
I need to install a cat flap in my kitchen wall. It is a single skin
brick wall (1930s red brick) with plasterboard and insulation behind.
How easy is it to cut the hole out for this? I have some long masony
drills etc, but am unsure as to how much you knock out. i.e. can you
drill holes in a line through the brick to create the hole of the
required size or do you have to knock out the surrounding bricks and
fill in around it afterwards?

You drill holes along the line you require, but not touching, then
'join-the-dots' with the chisel.

Owain

Make sure that the flap you buy will actually fit a wall - most are
designed for doors and have fittings for that; quite thin doors at
that.

Rob