Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default Hoisting a Keg using Garage Ceiling

wrote:

Geez, everyone sure is making it complicated to lift that
160 lb keg! It's not like it's a 600 lb engine or something.

This is a very good point. I hung an 80 lb kick bag by bolting
a piece of 4x4 between two joists and suspending from a heavy
duty hook. It took almost daily abuse for 9 years so much
abuse that the bag had to be replaced twice.

My suggestion: Tap the keg while it's still in the pickup,
you're not going to be drinking and driving anyway, are you?

My only problem is that beer will get warm unless you're
holding a party.

Dick