Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shelf life of plaster

In article ,
Dan_Musicant wrote:
On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:29:41 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

an_Musicant writes:

...snipped...:
: The problem is that I'm uncertain if these containers will indeed be air
: tight or not.

I've spent an hour or two trying to locate CaCl2 hereabouts, but not
done well. The pool supply places say they don't carry it and most are a
ways from me, anyway.

...snipped...

I didn't catch your location, nut if you live in an area that gets
snow, you should be able to find CaCl2 pretty cheap, it's often sold
as a deicer for driveways & sidewalks.

I have to agree with the other poster who said that no dessicant is
necessary, though. I keep small quantities of mortar mix, sakrete, etc.
in old, cleaned 5 gal paint or drywall buckets, and haven't
seen any go bad for periods of at least a couple-few years. If your
just talking about a small box or bag of patching plaster or plaster
of paris, you could also just put it in a heavy-duty zip lock bag.

3D
3D
in old 5 gal paint containe
--