Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Removing tile adhesive

"deano" wrote in message
ups.com...

John wrote:
As a professional tiler I always get 'my lad' to remove any tile adhesive
residue with a 'cheap and cheerful' wallpaper steam stripper and wallpaper
scraper. I have been self employed doing this for nearly 15 years and I
have just bought my second steamer. Costing £20.00 each I would say the
cost per job is about a penny (the customer pays for water and 'leccy)!
Also means we can get on with retiling on the same day without great big
bogies up our noses! DO NOT use a sander of any description unless you
want
the mess.

HTH

John

So, £20 for the steamer plus a bit of water and leccy.
How much is a "lad", and what sizes do they come in?

Totally irrelevant how much the 'lad' is in the context of the original
question. If he wasn't removing adhesive residue he would be doing
something else for my business, i.e. getting my butties, making my tea,
lifting and shifting, Oh yes and also learning how to be a competent tiler
and hopefully setting himself on his way to being his own boss like my last
'lad'. Who indecently now runs his own business (close by) and we actually
work together sometimes on larger jobs, some mine, some his!

Cheers

John

P.S. To the OP, ignore all this banter and use a steam stripper!