Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Shelf life of plaster

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:15:30 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

:The problem is that I'm uncertain if these containers will indeed be air
:tight or not. I think they may be absolutely air tight, but I'd hate to
:find out they aren't by having my plaster go bad, especially if I've
:gone ahead and used it. I'll try to find a cheap source of calcium
:chloride.
:
:Haven't you been reading my posts? I've said at least twice that in my own
:experience, putting it in an airtight container is enough. How hard is it to
:find an airtight container? All I'm using is a five-gallon bucket and lid that
:I bought at Lowe's for about $8, and it works _just_fine_. No dessicants.
:No driers. Just a tight lid.

It's hard for me to be certain that my containers are tight. I better do
something soon, though, because I have the plaster in my garage and the
rainy season is around the corner. On top of that, my garage needs a new
roof! I'm gonna be a busy guy.