Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default Whirlpool washer repair.

"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
dpb wrote:
garymel1 wrote:
I have a Whirlpool Washing machine that will not let cold water into
the drum. I think it is a water distribution valve. There is cold water
to the machine. Anyone runt into this problem before?

Fairly common...but make sure there's not a plugged filter screen at
the washer inlet, not just at the faucet end of the hose before start
replacing parts...

I believe the filter screen is in the screw-on hose ends. I suggest
replacing the hoses to fix the problem and avoid a future burst.

On our whirlpool (older machine) the filter sits in the machine, and is
easily removed for cleaning. Just turn off the water supply, undo the hose,
pull the filter and clean it, then reverse the process. If the filter isn't
clogged, that is the time to test other things.