Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Putting on a new Roof

According to :
Yes that is correct the strapping would run eave-to-ridge.... Are there
any products out there that I could slide in under the current
sheathing to create channels? It would be nice to just have to go over
the old sheathing with plywood and not have all of the problems
associated with spacing the plywood up. I was wondering if I could
remove some of the old sheahing and slide some kind of duct in between
the sheathing and the insulation???

You need something more substantial than strapping. Especially
if you want to insulate.

In a house where they had a T&G cathedral ceiling, they ended up going
with 2x8's on edge. 5.5" fiberglass batts on top of the T&G, then
2" worth of air gap before the plywood sheathing.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est