Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Where to find Torx screwdrivers, not bits?

John Doe wrote:

"sosessyithurts" bigbadbarry gmail.com wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I need some Torx screwdrivers. I can't use ordinary bits because
the shaft diameter won't fit into the hole. Also, they have to be
one or two sizes smaller than the Torx bits I have. About 1/8" or
less.

Are there any (U.S.) local chain stores that sell them?

Thank you.

if you have bits have you thought about a bit holder/socket
that might give you the length you need

Diameter is that other measurement, perpendicular to length.

Snipped apparent links to Flash Player garbage

You could use the bits if you welded them to the end of a length of rod.
I've done that when the "standard" drivers were just too short. Weld a
cross piece on the other end for a "T" handle and have at it.

--
Grandpa

What is that dripping from my fingers?
Why it looks like time.