Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Shelf life of plaster

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:39:50 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

:In article , Dan_Musicant wrote:
:On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:53:19 -0500, Richard J Kinch
:wrote:
:
::Most cost effective would be 5-gallon paint buckets with the O-ring lids,
::with a sock full of calcium chloride as a dessicant.
:A pool supply place I'm talking to doesn't have it but they stock
:calcium hypochlorite, which he says is a "pool shocker" or some such
:thing. Is that a dessicant (i.e. OK)
:
:No.
:
: or do I want calcium chloride? TIA
:
:In my experience, an air-tight container is sufficient. No need for a
:dessicant.

The problem is that I'm uncertain if these containers will indeed be air
tight or not. I think they may be absolutely air tight, but I'd hate to
find out they aren't by having my plaster go bad, especially if I've
gone ahead and used it. I'll try to find a cheap source of calcium
chloride.