Posted to alt.home.repair
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default what to put in a small toolbox for in the house

Stubby wrote in news:aJ-dnbOE5
:

lp13-30 wrote:
Duct tape and WD40-- if it is supposed to move and doesn't--WD40. If

it
isn't supposed to move and does--duct tape. Seriously, you named most
eveythng, possibly small hot glue gun and a few glue sticks, maybe a
small file, some assorted sandpaper, and if you didn't mention it, an
assortment of all fasteners--nails, brads, tacks, wood and sheet

metal
screws, nuts and bolts and possibly a staple gun if you ever use one.

I'd stock penetrating oil rather than WD-40. WD-40 is a "water

drying"
agent.

Yep. Penetrating lubricant is a lot better than WD-40. I used to rent
a storage unit at an older storage facility, and the woman who ran the
place only bought WD-40 to lube the doors with, so the metal roll-up
doors were hard to roll up. I am a very strong 240 pound male, and they
were even hard for me to roll up using that crappy WD-40. So I asked
her a few times to buy penetrating lube, but she finally told me to stop
bothering her. So I bought my own can of penetrating lubricant, and my
door became a lot easier to open. Karma's a bitch, man. She tweaked a
disc in her back, lifting the doors and was on disability for awhile. I
tried to tell her. Also she didn't know how to lift properly; she
wouldn't bend her knees, would just reach over and use her back. She
was one of these "know it alls" who can't take suggestions.