Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Workbench - plywood or laminate lumber

Tue, Sep 5, 2006, 3:15pm (EDT-3) (Ben) doth
posteth:
I'm looking at building a woodworking bench for myself and have
familiarised myself with the plans that are sold on the internet. snip

Plenty of free plans out there too. I'd have no problem with
making an entire workbench out of laminated plywood - it's actually
laminated to begin with. All my stands I made from plywood. Actually,
if I could get some help moving it, I've got an old dresser, with 9
drwers in it, that I could put against the back wall and use as a
workbench.

If your bench sits against a wall, don't make it wider than you can
reach. If it'll stand in the open, Id say don't make it so wide that
you cen't reach half-way across from either side. If you want to
collect sawdust, I'd say put in one of those tool troughs. I'd probably
drill round holes for bench dogs too - I'd go for round top AND square
top dogs, never can tell. Make a drawer under the top to hold the dogs.
I'd say make it as long as you have space for, but that's your call.

JOAT
I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn
well they're after me.