Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tripping of circuit caused by an extension lead.

soup wrote:

Aunt bought (or rather had bought for her) a dehumidifier (BQWDH-610A),
it says on the instructions "to avoid tripping the circuit do not use an
extension lead". I can not see why plugging in to an extension lead
would affect the electrics at all. I thought the warning was "to avoid
tripping" i.e. falling over the trailing flex but apparently the warning
is "to avoid tripping the circuit" does anyone know why an extension
lead would trip any circuit?
NB I haven't seen this warning aunt says it is "to avoid tripping the
circuit" but I am more and more convinced it is "to avoid tripping"

well its closer than an 'ovulating fan'

NT