Posted to uk.d-i-y
deano deano is offline

Default Removing tile adhesive

John wrote:
As a professional tiler I always get 'my lad' to remove any tile adhesive
residue with a 'cheap and cheerful' wallpaper steam stripper and wallpaper
scraper. I have been self employed doing this for nearly 15 years and I
have just bought my second steamer. Costing £20.00 each I would say the
cost per job is about a penny (the customer pays for water and 'leccy)!
Also means we can get on with retiling on the same day without great big
bogies up our noses! DO NOT use a sander of any description unless you want
the mess.

HTH

John

So, £20 for the steamer plus a bit of water and leccy.
How much is a "lad", and what sizes do they come in?

d.