Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default sprinkler coming on at the wrong time?

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:24:23 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
I have my sprinkler system set to run from 9PM to 11PM (no other
time). The control box is NOT set to come on at any other time.

Today a neighbor told me it's been coming on during the night (3 or 5
AM).

Any ideas on what I could check?

Early morning is better for the grass.

Have you tried taking out the
battery, shutting off the breaker and resetting the time?

I'm doing that now, despite the fact that it's probably unnecessary.
Anyway, it's time to reprogram for less watering (in Texas, the
weather has gotten more fall-like recently).

However, I do use the less-restricted version of the above. Resetting
(removing power if no other way) is a general solution to any device
containing state-dependant components (including anything
microprocessor-controlled).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams