Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
John 'Shaggy' Kolesar John 'Shaggy' Kolesar is offline

Default Hoisting a Keg using Garage Ceiling

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 01:29:28 -0400, wrote:
I don't know, but I'm not a structural engineer. However, have you thought
about using an engine hoist? They're designed to handle much more weight
than just a keg, and are not that expensive. The only question would be
whether the engine hoist would be able to lift the keg high enough to
get it in the back of your truck.

Sort of a good idea, but there still remains the question, how can he
attach the engine hoist to the frame of the house, so that the frame
can support everything? That the engine hoist can hold everything
below it, and one person can raise the engine or keg doesn't lessen
the weight on the frame of the house, above it.

An engine hoist wouldn't attach to the frame of the house. It's a seperate
stand. Something like this:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...700+303976+115

John.