Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Triton 2-1/4 hp router, first impressions

"Leuf" wrote in message

Snip

I am not sure how much I am actually going to use the above the table
bit adjustment. On the surface it seems like, hey, that would be
convenient. But in reality, either you have to get the handle, stick
it in and get it to engage, which is not difficult but not
instantaneous either - or you open the door and turn the knob that's
right there in front. And you've got to go in there anyway to lock
the plunge lever. I did at one point forget to lock the lever while
in winder mode and the height seemed to stay solid, but I wouldn't
trust it.

I appreciate the fact that they are including a lot of accessories
that everyone else wants to charge up the nose for. But at the same
time I think they ought to do a for table use only version without all
of that stuff. They could leave out the subbase and plunge spring as
well. Keep the spiffy wrench though.

I bought the big brother about 2 years ago. Neither will win any beauty
contest. I mounted mine with the crank handle pointing at about 70 degrees
where pointing to the back is 0 degrees and going clockwise from there.
That position makes every thing easy to get to. No top adjustment but like
you said, every thing else has to be done from under the table and you might
as well add the fine height adjustment to that location. I still have no
complaints and Triton has been very helpful. My first one had to be
returned as it would turn off by it self.