Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Expanding Foam

VisionSet wrote:

On this page:

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=foam

is expanding foam that lists along with it 'expanding foam gun' at 3.33GBP:

http://www.toolstation.com/messages....7912&mainWin=1

Then there is an applicator gun at 9.90GBP

1/ What's the difference?

£6.75

(other than that, hard to tell as there is no picture that I can see for
the cheaper one)

2/ How do you reuse this stuff? In the past I've had DIY stuff in an aerosol
can from a shed a/ expensive b/ seemingly impossible to reuse after the
first use. How does this product above differ from the DIY one?

The can has a slightly more elaborate "nose" on it. You screw it onto
the gun rather like a blowtorch canister. The valve and trigger
mechanism is then contained in the gun and does not rely on the bendy
rubber seal at the top of the can. The result ought to be more precises
control of the application, and hopefully a can that reseals better if
left part used and disconnected from the gun. Note you also need the can
of gun cleaner otherwise you won't be getting any reuse out of that!

--
Cheers,

John.