Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default sprinkler coming on at the wrong time?

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:53:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

I have my sprinkler system set to run from 9PM to 11PM (no other
time). The control box is NOT set to come on at any other time.

Today a neighbor told me it's been coming on during the night (3 or 5
AM).

Any ideas on what I could check?

I just posted in another thread how smart my mother was, but there was
one time she wasn't so smart. We had a self defrosting refrigerator,
bought around 1953. She was supposed to set the clock for the current
time, but she thought she was supposed to set it for the time she
wanted it to defrost. So if it was noon and she set the clock to
2AM, the fridge thougght it was 2AM then and it defrosted an hour
later, 1PM, which it thought was 3AM. If she set it to 2AM at 6PM,
it thought it it was 2AM then and it deforsted an hour later, at 7PM,
which it thought was 3AM. My mother didn't pay attention to when she
set it, only that it defrosted during the day instead of 2AM like she
wanted it to. So she never figured it out until I read the
instructions.