Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Will my voltage drop?

On 5 Sep 2006 18:14:29 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

mm wrote:
How about going across and up to the attic with 12 gauge? Or 10, what
do I know?

And then using a junction box or two and from there, directly to each
outlet. None of this down and up and down and up etc. etc.

That would make every run 90 to 130 feet.

I never thought about it that way. That would save a ton of wire and
running wires up & down. It would add to the cost of the other stuff
like boxes & nuts but they are a hell of a lot cheaper than wire.

Now, how many connections (wire nuts) can you put in a standard 4x4
box? I'm sure it is less than what I would need to get six outlets and
a feed line connected together.

So you put two or three boxes in a row, or find a bigger box, or a box
designed for multiple connections, if there are such things.